Would you look at that? It’s October meaning the start of the MLB Playoffs broadcast live here in Mongolia. More importantly, it’s time for another edition of Simply the Best, the monthly recap of everything great @thepointsoflife.
For the newcomers, here’s what you have missed in the previous six months that I’ve been in operation: March, April, May, June, July, and August!
For the regulars, welcome back to the lounge of greatness. I’m sure you remember these clever posts:
1. TRUE DETECTIVE: THE CASE OF THE STOLEN IPHONE [ACT I], [ACT II], [ACT III], [THE DEBRIEF]
Then one day, you wake up in a hotel room in Newport News, Virginia and your iPhone has gone missing.
2. THE KNOCKOUT: THE WINNER’S BRACKET OF WHERE TO STAY IN VEGAS
To make it easy for my Vegas virgins and frequent Vegas travelers alike, I am writing a comprehensive hotel review of all the places I have stayed in Vegas.
3. TRIAL BY JURY OF SOCIAL MEDIA
All it takes is a TMZ video clip, an unauthorized soundbite, or Tweet in bad taste to make someone a social outcast.
4. VEGAS KNOCKOUT: MY FANTASTIC VOYAGE AT THE TRUMP HOTEL
Everyone has that only in Vegas story so I thought I would share mine.
5. VEGAS KNOCKOUT: THAT’S PALAZZO, THAT’S PALAZZO
Let’s examine the best reason to stay at the Palazzo besides my appreciation for fine Italian wines- sports gambling!
6. ALL KINDS OF GAINS: AN EXPAT’S GUIDE TO EXERCISE
I bravely snorted a line of N.O. and went to the basement of Soviet Land.
7. VEGAS KNOCKOUT: WHY OH, WHY DO I LOVE PARIS?
Looking for some food? Looking for some drinks? Looking for a party?
Don’t forget my newest addition to the blog, the Espresso of the World map, tracking The Pulse of the world, one city at a time, one cup at a time. Also coming this October, are more Trip Reports using my trademark pending Guns And Butter approach.